FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sherry Roberts |
The Roberts Group | rugs |
Contact: Nicki Rayburn | broadloom | 706-272-4961
Karastan Introduces Bellingham:
A Versatile New Wool Collection
DALTON, GA, March 8, 2012—Karastan’s new Bellingham Collection delivers the warmth and durability of eco-friendly wool in a diverse selection of transitional and traditional styles. They are all space dyed in multihues and values to create a handmade effect.
Bellingham’s palette features muted vintage tones in celadon, moss, salmon and raisin. With 24 rugs to choose from, Bellingham fits a variety of decorating tastes. Its patterns run the gamut from patchworks and vintage frets to panels and sarouks. All are woven of premium fully worsted New Zealand wool in the U.S.A. on Wilton (Van de Wiele) looms.
These rugs combine Karastan style with the durability and easy maintenance of renewably resourced wool:
- Bancroft: An ornamental patchwork of panels and trellises overlaid with tendrils of foliage in a neutral palette. It comes in a neutral Beige (beige and brown) and a dynamic Jade (beige, brown and blue).
- Irving: An antique Sarouk pattern adapted in refreshing tones of celadon, salmon, cream and gold. This traditional style comes in Salmon and Celadon.
- Marietta: Henna paisleys inspire a modern global vibe on a celadon or mocha background. This casual look comes in Mocha and Celadon.
- Ferndale: Warm neutrals are featured in this contemporary tribal ikat pattern. Wheat has a beige, brown, yellow and gold palette. Celadon is a study in shades of robin’s egg and brown.
- Devan Mocha: A mocha damask highlighted with distressed tones of blue and brown.
- Logan Celadon: A patchwork of traditional Persian elements in chocolate, ivory and celadon.
- Ellsworth Mocha: A traditional Persian panel design updated with modern shades of gold, celadon, salmon and moss.
- Vallette: A melange of damasks, frets and ornamental patterns in two palettes: Beige, a neutral dusky portrait of beige, brown, yellow and gold; and Mocha, a dramatic multicolored beige/brown.
- Farragut: Primitive Persian elements on rich neutral grounds in four palettes: Celadon, Beige, Salmon and Jade.
- Humboldt: A mid-century pattern of intertwining loops from the Karastan archives is updated for a casual look. It comes in Celadon, Beige and Mocha with accents of robin’s egg.
- Kulshan: Tribal patterns in mocha accented with beige, gold and blue in a global themed design.
- Cornwall: A simple Persian design to bring quiet elegance to traditional interiors. It offers a neutral palette of Cream, Beige and Gold accented with salmon, soft green and mocha.
Bellingham rugs are available in 2'5" x 4', 2'5" x 12', 3'3" x 5'6", 5'3" x 8'3", 8' x 10', 8'6" x 11'6" and 9'6" x 13'2". Retail price for a 5'3" x 8'3" is $599.
See us at:
Atlanta Rug Market (AmericasMart 3-A-1)
Las Vegas Market (World Market Center C-312)
High Point: IHFC (International Home Furnishings Center) space H309
Download a Word file of this release.
Click or right-click photos to view or save high-resolution versions.
Karastan’s Bancroft Beige from the Bellingham Collection is an ornamental patchwork.
Ferndale Wheat, from Karastan’s new Bellingham Collection, gives a modern vibe with a contemporary tribal ikat pattern.
Karastan’s Bellingham Collection features transitional and traditional styles like Farragut Jade with its primitive Persian elements.
Karastan is part of Mohawk Industries, a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, wood, stone, laminate, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which, in addition to Karastan, include Mohawk, American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, Marazzi, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. Mohawk’s unique merchandising and marketing assists consumers in creating their dreams. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations.
3032 Sugar Valley Road NW
Sugar Valley, GA 30746
Press Contact: Sherry Roberts | 952-322-4005