FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sherry Roberts
The Roberts Group
Karastan Expands Three
Nylon Collections in 2011
DALTON, GA, January 24, 2011—Karastan expands its selection of chic and livable rugs in 2011 with additions to three collections: Knightsen, Carmel and Artois. All are woven on Wilton looms in the U.S.A. of premium quality two-ply nylon yarn. They combine Karastan style with durability and easy maintenance.
This collection reinterprets timeless designs in today’s fresh colors. It features relaxed traditional motifs in two new rugs:
- Prewitt Ranch Ginger: A major ivory border, enhanced with multiple minor borders, surrounds a ginger field strewn with palmettes and vines accented in shades of sage and olive green.
- Summerset Camel: Turkish inspired elements in shades of red, plum, sage and slate dance on a camel field surrounded by a narrow red and plum border.
This collection embraces today’s expressive style with a sense of the modern. It offers daring looks in fashion colors: clean-lined geometrics, painterly abstracts and mid-century modern designs. Joining the Artois Collection are:
- Halle Fog: Artistic swathes in curvilinear shapes splash across the floor in shades of gray, brown, sage and teal.
- Auby Bone: Brushstrokes of brown, tan and gray cross a field of bone in an abstract landscape.
This diverse collection is styled for relaxed living with decorator-friendly fashion-inspired colors. A selection of floral motifs, sophisticated graphic patterns and modern damasks offers consumers easy decorating choices. New to the Carmel Collection:
- Mission Street Coral: This lush oversized ivory and camel floral damask pattern sits like delicate lace on a stylish stria’d coral background.
- Poppy Hills Bone: Karastan has isolated one element from its Pescadero Ginger rug, one of the patchwork-style rugs in the Carmel Collection, as the focal piece for this new rug. The stylized medallion has been enlarged, repeated and framed with a light brown border.
- Fern Canyon Sage: This transitional rug is a peek into a subtle yet pleasurable garden. Small ivory and camel leafy vines frame a serene open field of sage green.
- Forest Hills Taupe: Wisteria vines in shades of plum and camel meander across a taupe field.
- Sonado Brown: A coral trellis design encloses ivory fretwork-inspired patterns on a brown field. In Sonado Taupe, the pattern is recolored with an ivory trellis, plum fretwork pattern, and taupe ground.
All the rugs in these collections can be custom hand-seamed to create custom size rugs in a fraction of the time it would take to weave and import a similar piece. They are available in the following sizes: 2'11" x 4'8", 2'4" x 8'3", 5'6" x 8'3", 8' x 10' and 9'6" x 12'11". Retail price for a 5'6" x 8'3" is $499.
# # #
Download a Word file of this release.
Click or right-click photos to view or save high-resolution versions.
Summerset Camel from Karastan’s Knightsen Collection is a lighthearted dance of Turkish-inspired designs.
Forest Hills Taupe from the Carmel Collection by Karastan is an elegant statement in wisteria.
Karastan’s Halle Fog from its Artois Collection brings modern artistic energy.
Karastan is part of Mohawk Industries, a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, wood, stone, laminate, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which, in addition to Karastan, include Mohawk, American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, Marazzi, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. Mohawk’s unique merchandising and marketing assists consumers in creating their dreams. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations.
3032 Sugar Valley Road NW
Sugar Valley, GA 30746
Press Contact: Sherry Roberts | 952-322-4005